One of the leading smartphone makers, Motorola has introduced its latest earbuds MOTO Buds 270 ANC. These true wireless earbuds come with Active Noise Cancellation Mode, Transparency Mode, Latest IPX5 Water Resistance, Environment Noise Cancellation, Virtual Assistant Support and more. Is the promise of a movement-free experience enough to pick him up?
Also read- pTron Bassbuds Jade Gaming earbuds review
Price and availability
The Motorola Buds 270 ANC come with a two color variants such as Jet black and Titanium white. you can buy this product from company’s official website motorola.com.
Who likes MOTO Buds 270 ANC?
- These earbuds are perfect for people who want to keep their earbuds safe in every surrounding.
- The one who needs a better voice call sound.
- Charging case
- USB Type-C Cable
- Use Guide
Also read- Xiaomi Buds 3T Pro Review
What is the design of MOTO Buds 270 ANC?
In terms of charging case, it is built like a round shaped design. Which is quite different from other TWS earbuds like Motorola Moto Buds-S ANC. It is made of lightweight and plastic material with soft rubber housing for a comfortable, secure fit that can be worn all day. Which fits perfectly in the charging case.
In addition, the lightweight design makes you feel comfortable wearing it in your ears. MOTO Buds 270 ANC comes with three sizes of eartips- small, medium and large. All you need to do is choose the one that fits your ear comfortably. However, the lack of fines and other safety features make it uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
The design of both the charging case and the earbuds is well organized. The design of the earbuds makes it easy to shift or adjust the touch sensitive Motorola logo on each earbud without accidentally scratching it. However, I still have trouble keeping it in my ear when I take off the glass. Rated IPX5 water resistance against sweat, spills and accidents. Thus, at least you don’t have to worry if you wear it for swimming or in the rain.
Additionally, you have to adjust the volume and other controls using the touch control features on the ears. Because, MOTO Buds 270 ANC does not come with any application to adjust these settings. You can listen in mono by placing the earbuds you don’t want to use in the charging case. It plays a bit oddly with the in-ear detection feature, and you have to switch back to stereo listening, as some controls are attached to certain earbuds, but it still works. With a range of tapes, you can control playback, turn on ANC or transparency mode, activate your phone’s virtual assistant, and more.
How touch control works of the MOTO Buds 270 ANC?
It is very easy to classify the touch control.
|Play/pause||Single tap left or right button|
|Power On||Hold left or right button 2s|
|Power Off||Hold left or right button 6s|
|Skip forward||Double tap right button|
|Skip back||Triple tap right button|
|ANC/Transparency toggle||Double tap left button|
|Virtual Assistant||Hold right button 2s|
Also read- Apple AirPods (3rd generation) review
How does the MOTO Buds 270 ANC sound?
The Motorola Moto Buds 270 ANC shows a frequency response that is far from the curve of our home. The bass also sounds quite standard and the midrange sounds up to 1000Hz are heavily highlighted. Three size eartips provide exceptional fit during physical activity like gym or running. Defines which passive active cancellation is better. The Motorola Moto Buds 270 ANC packs a 6.8mm dynamic driver that offers bass powered sound, so this punch offers bass, but mid and high are just average. Noise from earbuds is loud, so 60% volume should be good too, but this depends on what you’re listening to.
Can you use the MOTO Buds 270 ANC for phone calls?
Moto Buds 270 ANC comes with advanced environment noise cancellation feature. Which helps you to create crystal clear voice during voice calls. In addition, it comes with 6.8mm dynamic drivers for higher quality and clearer bass responsiveness than other earbuds like the Jabra and Sennheiser brands. The microphone works well with environmental noise, but it is also not exceptional in this regard. Additionally, with handsfree call technology, you can pick up calls with your voice without touching the earbuds.
Does the MOTO Buds 270 ANC have good active noise cancelling?
The Moto Buds 270 ANC comes with standard active voice cancellation feature. With MOTO Buds 270 ANC, it is very difficult to achieve a secure seal in both ears. Thus, some noise enters through eartips while running or driving. That’s why don’t expect more when you turn on this feature — you’ll notice a never-so-diminished sound when it turns on, and you’ll probably forget to turn it on right away.
Also read- Polsen HPC-A30-MK2 Studio Monitor Review
What connectivity does the MOTO Buds 270 ANC support?
Moto Buds 270 ANC uses Bluetooth 5.0 to connect to the 10m wireless range. It does not support AAC and SBC audio codecs, which means that Apple users may not reliably access the high-quality option, but Android users may offer better adherence to the standard option.
Additionally, the Moto Buds 270 ANC does not support Bluetooth multipoint. Its lack of application means that firmware updates will almost certainly not come with new features.
Also read- Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless review
How long does the battery last on the MOTO Buds 270 ANC?
Motorola claims that the Moto Buds 270 ANC can last up to 6 hours on a single charge, in this case with an additional 12 hours of charging capacity. In our test, we found that it lasts 8 hours, 18 minutes on a single charge with ANC at a constant output of ~ 75dB (SPL). If you stop canceling the sound, you will probably get even better performance than that.
The charging case supports wireless charging with any Qi-compatible charging pad as well as wired charging via the USB-C port at the bottom. There is no fast charging, but according to Motorola, the case takes only two hours to fully charge.
Also read- Sony WH-XB910N Wireless Headphones
Yes. Why not. With just $99.99, the Moto Buds 270 ANC is perfect pair for those who want standard ANC control features. Moreover, the earbuds offer a mono listening mode, nice battery life and quality touch control without the app. The lack of a high-quality audio codec Android users can rely on is also a bummer, though the likelihood anyone would benefit from it seems fairly remote.
That’s especially true given the Moto Buds 270 ANC isn’t going to get any better—the lack of an app and the firmware updates it would bring means what you see is what you get.
What should you get instead of the Motorola Moto Buds-S ANC?
There is lot more earbuds come under $200. And if you want the earbuds under this price and with ANC feature, consider buying OnePlus Buds Z2. It give you all feature that Moto Buds-S ANC have with the less price. The OnePlus Buds Z2 come with a 11mm dynamic driver, IP55 water and dust resistance, Dolby atmos support, 3 mics setup, and 92ms Ultra low latency. Additionally, it has features Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, Active Noise Cancellation and transparency mode.
At $159.9, the Denon AH-C830NCW offer Active Noise cancelling, transparency mode, IPX4 water resistance, Bluetooth 5.0 (Low quality), up to 6 hours of battery life and much more. Additionally, Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro with $170, come with Bluetooth 5.2, Active Noise Cancellation, transparency mode, IPX4 ratings, 6 microphone and SBC, AAC, LDAC support.
What to do if a Bluetooth device discovers the left/right earpiece separately? (earpieces disconnected from each other)
1. On your Bluetooth device (e.g. Smartphone), go to the Bluetooth menu and remove the headset from the device list.
2. Turn off the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device.
3. Place the headphones in the charger.
4. Connect external power. It may not work without it.
5. Both earpieces flash white. Press and hold the function button on both earpieces for 4 seconds, until the earpieces flash white twice.
6. Turn on both earpieces, if they are not paired with each other there will be blue LED blinking and Bluetooth device will see every earpiece separately.
7. Press the function button on the left earpiece twice.
8. Press the function button on the right earpiece twice.
9. The Earpieces should now be pairing with each other -> There will be voice command: “Left channel”, “Right channel”. On the left earpiece, there will be a blue and white led blinking.
10. If not successful, start again from point 5.
Pairing issues with a Smartphone or Tablet:
First, try to restart the Bluetooth connection on your source device (Smartphone/tablet/PC) by switching Bluetooth off and on again with a short pause in between.
– “Forget” (remove) the previously paired connection (on your smartphone/tablet/PC) in your Bluetooth settings if you had once paired with our product.
– Try to restart the source device(Smartphone/tablet/PC) by powering it off and on again, and after restarting try to establish a Bluetooth connection to your product.
– If the above does not work, then try to restart your product (Portable speaker, Headphone) by turning it off and on again.
– Press and hold down the Bluetooth button on your device (Portable speaker, Headphones) to initiate pairing mode again.
– Go into the Bluetooth settings on your Smartphone/tablet or PC to start the pairing process.
– You should now have a successful pairing with our device, but if you are still experiencing issues then contact us again.
How Cleaning Instructions for Re-establishing Charging works?
It is not uncommon to have charging problems with True Wireless headphones. You may encounter that charging stops, does not start at all or that one of the ear buds suddenly switches on and begins the pairing process. This is almost always caused by dirt on the metal charging contacts. These contacts are vulnerable because they can easily be contaminated by sweat, skin grease, or ear wax. They are usually gold plated, but gold plating does not prevent surface dirt.
If you have charging problems,
– The first step is to always clean all contact points, on each earbud and on the charging case. You will need: cotton cloth or makeup swab, cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol. Also a pencil with eraser for further cleaning.
– Use a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol to clean the charging terminals of the headphones. Rotate the swab and scrub lightly on each contact surface, then use a cotton cloth to remove any dust and cotton residue left on the headphones. It is important to perform this process periodically to keep your headphones clean.
– Wipe the contact pins in the charging case with a clean cotton swab. The swab can be slightly moistened with rubbing alcohol, but it is important that the interior is completely dry before closing the box. Use the cotton cloth and wait for it to dry.
– Repeat until the contact points are visibly clean, and charging should work as designed.
– Try cleaning the contacts with the tip of a pencil and the eraser at the end of the pencil, the graphite and rubber can help to re-establish charging also.
– This procedure can be performed on all TWS earphones and cases.
Also read- AKG Y600NC with ANC review