You can monetize your Facebook account with different advertisements. Although, those ads and banners that keep popping up on your display are irritating. Regardless, the Facebook does not remove those ads by itself and you can not remove those by yourself. Still, if you want to get rid of these ads provided by Facebook. You need to download ad-blocking programs to clean up your browser page. Whereas, you should download the Adblock Plus extension provided by chrome, Firefox and Safari. Without delay, this popular add-on blocks the upload of ads that originate from certain advertisement sites.
Sometimes the question will come to your mind how this Facebook will give you our favorite ads. In that case, when you click “Like” on a product or page, Facebook can use that information and your name and profile picture to display targeted social ads on your friends’ page. However, Facebook never ever use your personal information to target an audience, it raises the privacy issues. And, Facebook is quite strict with those privacy rules.
Furthermore, third-party advertisers can also use Facebook to promote their products by posting auto-generated advertisements. You may have noticed this when you do a search on Google for a product and see an ad for it appear in your Facebook feed.
However, you can’t opt out of seeing Facebook ads completely, but you can opt out of ads based on your browsing habits. To opt out, do the following:
- Log on to your Facebook account, and click on “Settings.” Presently, you access this by clicking on the three dots below your cover photo. Go to “Profile and Tagging Settings” which will take you to “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the section in “Settings” marked “Ads.” You’ll see a number of ad preferences.
- Under “Ad Preferences,” you’ll see three categories for “Advertisers,” “Ad Topics” and “Ad Settings.” “Advertisers” has a list of companies that are currently showing you ads on Facebook. There are options to hide these ads by clicking on “Hide Ads.”
- “Ad Topics” allows you to see fewer ads in certain categories, for example, pets, parenting or politics. Click on “Show Fewer” next to each category.
- “Ad Settings” serves you ads based on your personal information (education, relationship status, etc.). These settings can be adjusted to reduce the amount of personalized ads you get, but not the number of ads you see. Just toggle off each setting (for instance, click on “Data about your activity from partners” and scroll to “Use Data from Partners” and toggle it off by moving the button from the blue setting to the gray.)
Delete Facebook Ads FAQ
How can I block ads on Facebook?
If you’re using Chrome, Firefox or Safari, you can download an extension called “Adblock Plus” to block Facebook ads. In addition, this also head off ads from appearing on any site when using the browser.
How do I adjust my ad preferences on Facebook?
You may not completely dislike Facebook ads, but you can change your preferences so that you can see the ads of your choice. To do this, go to Facebook Settings & Privacy> Settings> Ads> Ad Settings. Click “Data about your activity from partners” and turn off the toggle to prevent Facebook from showing personalized ads.
How can I delete my ad account on Facebook?
If you want to delete your Facebook Ad Account, click the drop-down menu in the upper right corner and go to Account Settings> Ad Manager. After that, select “Disable Ad Account”. But First, Facebook will ask you to re-enter your password and the reason for your deactivation. Select your reason and click “Disable Ad Account”.
How do I hide ads on Facebook?
Facebook doesn’t permit you to block ads altogether, but you can hide them if you’re not interested. However, if you want to hide the ad, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the ad and click “Hide ad”. Why am I seeing this ad> You can also hide all ads from certain advertisers by clicking Hide all ads from this advertiser.
How do I stop Facebook from charging me for ads?
To prevent Facebook from charging you for advertising services, you must remove your banking information. Go to Settings> Advertising Payments. In the payment methods, you will see the details of any currently saved bank account. Click the three dots to the right of the payment method you want to remove and click “Remove” to delete it permanently