Imagine, if you have an AirPods but the case is lost and still want to connect it to your iPhone? Is it connect or not? However, users are always a bit confused about this situation. In fact, It’s very simple.
Many people still don’t have the knowledge but it is usually possible to pair and use AirPods without a case in an iPhone or iPad. Though, the case doesn’t have Bluetooth technology and plays no role in keeping the AirPod connected.
Originally, Apple AirPod is popular among all users for audio output. They are connect to the device wirelessly using a Bluetooth connection. The AirPod come in a sleek case that has three primary functions:
- Firstly, the case used for charging.
- Secondly, to ptotect the headphone from falling and for better transportation.
- Thirdly, to pairing of AirPods to a device for the first time.
Besides, the charging case of the AirpPod comes with a Good usage. It is not only use to charge the AirPods but also protect from dropping. You only need to put the pods in it. Likewise, it serves the function of a power bank for them. With this, you will need a case when pairing AirPod with iPhone for the first time. However, if the Airpods are already known and connect to the device. There is no need for a case for connection.
Method to Connect AirPods without the Case
If you have previously paired the AirPods to your iPhone, and want to connect again without having to use the case, you can use this method:
- Access the Control Center by swiping down from the top right-side corner of the screen.
- Now press and hold the audio card on the top right side of the Control Center.
- When it is enlarged to its full view mode, tap on the AirPlay icon.
- Finally, tap on AirPods from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
Your iPhone will then pair with the AirPod and you can use them without any hassle. However, if the AirPod don’t show up in the list, it means that either the AirPods don’t have enough battery, or you haven’t paired them before.
How to Pair or Connect AirPods to iPhone/iPad/iPod?
If you haven’t paired the AirPods to your iDevice yet, here is the method you can use:
- Put both the AirPods in the charging case.
- Now open the lid and check if the status light is amber.
- Next, press and hold the setup button. It is present on the back of the case.
- After a few seconds, the status light will flash white.
- Now go to the home screen of your iDevice.
- Open the case with your AirPods kept inside and hold it next to your iPhone.
- A setup animation will appear on the screen, tap on Connect, and then tap on Done.
That’s it. If you are having trouble connecting the AirPods, go to Settings and try forgetting the AirPods from the Bluetooth devices list.
Also read- Sony INZONE H3: Wired Gaming Headset Review
How to Pair or Connect AirPod to Androids?
If you have a Android smartphone and want to connect them with AirPods. Then you need to follow these steps. Unfortunately, Your AirPods need to have been previously paired to your Android phone for this to work.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Bluetooth under Connections.
- Select your previously paired AirPods to complete the process.
How to Pair or Connect AirPod to Windows PCs?
If you are familiar with connecting other Bluetooth headphones to your PC, connecting AirPods to a PC might seem familiar. Regardless, here’s how to do it:
- Type “Bluetooth” in the Windows search box.
- Click “Bluetooth and other device settings.”
- Find and select your AirPods under Audio to initiate the connection.
In the final analysis, it is conclude that you can easily connect the AirPod to the iPhone without the case. As we discuss earlier, the case not only charge the battery but also protect from falling and comfortably fit into your pocket for better transportation.
However, if you are always on the go and carrying a case everywhere seems overwhelming, now you know how to turn on your airpods even without a case. Or help connect them even if you only have a dead case.
Previously paired airpod can still work if you have a dead case. Even if the earbuds themselves are sufficiently charged.
Can you connect AirPods to the iPhone when you have lost the case?
Yes, you can easily connect the AirPod to the iPhone without the case if you have lost it. However, you will need the case when the battery of the AirPod runs out and you need to charge them. If you don’t have a case or it’s lost somewhere. You can get a replacement from the Apple Store. You can also buy the case from eBay for a nominal price of $ 50- 90. Lastly, the Airpod can be set up and attach using any case. Just make sure there is no difference in the version.